Friday, May 05, 2006

The last day of the first year...

Well, the blog is called "A glimpse of me..." and so I thought I'd attempt to give you a "glimpse" of what my last day being a 1L was like. I kept a camera in my backpack and tried to take pictures throughout the day. Obviously I missed a few events here and there, but hopefully you'll still be able to get the basic idea of what my day was like. If you click on the pictures it should take you to Flickr, where you can view the larger version.



6:30AM: Arrive at the law school. As you can see, it's not too busy at that early hour.


6:31AM: Take a picture of the entrance of Hayward Field because it looks picturesque.



6:45AM - 8:15AM: Go into a small conference room at the law school and study for awhile prior to my Property Exam.

8:30 - 11:30AM: Take Property Exam


11:45AM: We're done with our exam! Everyone gathers around the printers waiting for their exam to print out.



Right after the exam a bunch of students went out on the lawn behind the law school to start celebrating and enjoying the beautiful weather. That is my buddy CS and I wearing the almost-matching shirts (not coordinated) and yes, that is the DEAN of the law school having a celebratory beer with the students in the bottom picture. Needless to say, all of the students loved seeing her out there.
After hanging out on the lawn for awhile, Missi and I went to a trial at the Federal Courthouse (another long story) and then we went over to Rennie's where there were tons of other students. Here are a few pictures.

Monica, me, Missi, and Ben on the porch at Rennie's

Missi, Kristen, Farron, Monica

Me, Harvey, Monica

Missi and Monica

Missi and Monica are VERY glad to be past the first year of law school.


All in all, it was a great day and it was such a relief to finish up that last exam. I was definitely reminded that exam season is a marathon and not a sprint. Congrats to all of my other classmates for making it through the first year also and, above all, thank you to my AMAZING wife for supporting me throughout my first year of law school.

No comments: