Thursday, May 18, 2006

Been awhile...


Sam in the catcher's mask
Originally uploaded by jaydub624.
I published a Mother's Day mugs blog earlier today, but other than that I've been sorta lazy about updating this past week. I think it has been because it's been a really laid-back week of having family time and getting stuff done around the house and I haven't really wanted to take the time to sit down at the computer and write an entry. Here is what has been going on:

- We had a great Mother's Day with Missi. We cooked her a nice steak dinner and gave her some fun gifts. One of the things she received was salsa dancing lessons with me. Look out!

- I went out on Tuesday morning and took some BP with one of my friends from the law school. He played college baseball at UCSD so he is pretty good. It felt so good to be out throwing and swinging a bat again, but I'm certainly feeling it today (I probably threw over 100 BP pitches).

- I learned that I will be starting work on May 31.

- I got my grades for the spring semester. I was pretty pleased with them. I felt good about how I did in the fall, and I actually improved my GPA a bit in the spring, so that was nice.

- Missi and I volunteered in Drew's class yesterday, which was fun. If it is even possible, my respect and admiration for kindergarten teacher's grew even more!

- I'm coaching Drew's T-ball team and we had our first practice last night. It is going to be lots of fun, and last night we just went over the basics. I consider last night's practice a success because I only got hit by one thrown bat after a kid hit the ball off the tee. The photo of Sam I've attached shows her wearing the catcher's mask for our team. Both Drew and Sam think it is SO cool that we know have a huge bag of baseball equipment in our garage.

- We're going to PDX for a few days today. I get to play golf with my buddy Adam tomorrow and then on Saturday it is Sam's birthday party over at Maggie and Fred's. Back to Eugene on Saturday evening.

No comments: