Monday, April 03, 2006

A full weekend...

It was a great, albeit full weekend.

On Thursday Missi left for Portland and work. On Thursday night I hung out with the kids, played a basketball game with Drew, watched The Office, and did homework.

On Friday the kids and I hiked up Mt. Pisgah. It was 1.4 miles to the summit, but it was a pretty good incline most of the way and Drew had to stop fairly frequently. We dodged rain showers and made it to the top.

On Saturday we cleaned up the house and drove up to Portland. We caught a few innings of the Lakeridge-Barlow baseball game (Missi's cousins play for Lakeridge) and then I took the kids over to Tom and Cyndy's. NOTE: Do not try to take a 23 month old little girl to a baseball game. You will get to actually watch about 3 pitches of the game as you chase her up and down the stands and try to teach her how to crack and eat peanuts.

Saturday night was my buddy Jeff's birthday party. It was a casual gathering of friends at Old Market Pub. It was a really great time. Greeley had organized the whole thing and was there, along with Jesse, Craig/Maur, Travis/Anne, Ad came back early from vacation to be there, and PQ stopped by. After watching the NCAA game (where did UCLA come from?) we played some shuffleboard. Jeff and I were the champions of the night. I would've taken some pics but Missi had the camera with her up in Seattle.

Sunday was church and then back home to Eugene. Missi made it back from her girl's weekend in Seattle about 8:00 and we were all happily reunited. I didn't any homework last night as I just caught up with Missi, heard about her weekend, saw her Ikea treasures, and told her about my time with the kids.

Now it's back to school. Only 3 weeks until finals!

No comments: