Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Eugene Chargers and high comedy (not related)

On Friday night I took Drew and a friend to the Eugene Chargers basketball game. They played over at NCC in a game against the Salem Stampede, which featured "The Professor" from And1 Mixtape fame. My friend T-Mel (former GFox Bruin) plays for the Eugene Chargers and we had an absolute blast. We had second row seats, got to see a ton of dunks and sweet passes (good job Trav) and I'll definitely be going back again. The IBL is fun because they have a 22 second shot clock so you see a lot of scoring and fast breaks. A bonus for Drew and his friend was that the pretty much the whole Oregon Ducks mens basketball team was in attendance, probably to support their old teammate Matt Short, who is now playing for the Chargers. The Chargers ended up losing but it was a great time.

On Saturday I did homework in the morning and the I watched Drew, Ella, and Elizabeth in the afternoon. They had come down from Portland because Cyndy had a function here in Eugene. If you have never watched three kids their age for a few hours, I would HIGHLY recommend it just for the sheer comedic value. At various points in the afternoon I had a medieval knight, a firefighter, Super(wo)man, a doctor, and a pack of puppies running around my house. The pictures say it all. While they were playing I also tried to catch a bit of the rain-delayed Masters. After Drew went up to Portland with them to spend the night it was back to my Con Law outline. Oh the glamorous life of a law student...







No comments: