Monday, November 19, 2007

Is it weird to be excited about a vacuum cleaner?

Over the weekend I borrowed a friend's Dyson vacuum cleaner and WOW. I'm a believer. That thing is amazing. Those of you who have met our dog Zeke have probably come away with a few pieces of dog hair as a souvenir. Contrary to what we originally thought we were getting, we definitely have a dog who sheds A LOT. Unfortunately, our Hoover or Bissell middle-of-the-road vacuum cleaner is absolutely worthless for getting the hair off the carpet. We've had to purchase this rubber carpet "rake" thing that works well but takes a really long time. I was lamenting about this situation to a friend who owns two huge dogs, and he told me that he bought a Dyson awhile ago and that it picks up everything. He encouraged me to borrow it, and after putting him off for a few weeks, I finally borrowed it yesterday.

I was so blown away by what that thing picked up that I had to take some photos:



Note: This is after vacuuming a very small area (i.e., 12' x 12')

I'm not sure whether the purchase of a Dyson is in the budget right at this very moment, but I will definitely be acquiring one of these amazing machines at some point in the future.

2 comments:

Christy. said...

I LOVE my dyson! They have them at Costco but I am not sure if they have the one that is specifically for pet hair. Ask for gift certs for Christmas to put towards the purchase, you won't regret it.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm not crazy. Kim and I got a Dyson for a wedding present, and I love the thing. She gets so annoyed with me because I have to show everyone how good it works. Just ask Griffy, he fell victim to one of my "demonstrations." I tell everyone it isn't a vacuum. It's an essential power tool.

Glad to see things are going well for you guys. You have a very handsome family. Looks like Drew is going through the army stage. I think mine lasted about 5 years. I wonder where my old bomber jacket is?

Happy Holidays man. Keep in touch.