Sunday, November 25, 2007

Can't keep up with the Joneses, er...Zimels

Just when I thought that we had an awesome Christmas tree hunting experience, I had to read the Zimel's blog to see that they got to see a just-born baby goat being licked and cleaned by its mother at the tree farm in Texas. Some people just have all the luck!

Anyway, even though we didn't get to explain animal husbandry to Drew, we DID have a great time tree-hunting. I knew the day was off to a good start when I only missed the turn to the "tree patch" (Sam's word) by about a mile and we were able to locate our tree without a flashlight (unlike last year, when we were tromping through the woods in pitch darkness).

Here are some pictures:


Sam and I are searching for the perfect tree

Our little princess

Drew appropriately dressed in camo just in case we were to come under enemy fire



The obligatory self-portrait

I think this should be a new competition on World's Strongest Man - Who can lug a Christmas tree uphill for what felt like 3 miles?

Mission Accomplished

The Christmasification of our house is nearly complete

1 comment:

Christy. said...

Such a great tree! We are going to get our's next weekend. With the great weather this weekend I think we are regretting our decision to not get one today.....