Friday, July 07, 2006

Ah, summertime...

I'm not going to start this blog entry out by apologizing for the long delay in posting, because it seems that this is becoming the norm rather than the exception.

I guess I'll just start with this past week. I had to go into work for a few hours on Monday because the office (for some unknown reason) was closed. It actually turned out to be a great day as I was able to go out to coffee with my favorite attorney from the office.

On the Fourth of July we decided to have a BBQ at our house with some friends. We thought about going to Alton Baker Park or some other "big" fireworks show, but we weren't sure how Sam could handle it. We made the right decision. It was a great time with good friends at our house and we apparently have some pyrotechnic experts in the neighborhood who were sending up huge fireworks all night long.

Other highlights from the week included going to Fern Ridge Reservoir with the family, watching Snatch with Missi, doing a bunch of yard work, having some great "daddy time" with Samantha, and playing some 1-on-1 baseball and basketball with Drew. Another fun thing has been my buddies Charlie and Harvey finally getting their clearance to begin work. It's nice to have them around.

It was a long day today. I was in Albany all day at the Linn County DA's office (a long and somewhat complicated story) and then I rushed back to Eugene only to be about 15 minutes late for Drew's T-ball game. After the game it was Subway for dinner, watched some of the Red Sox-White Sox, put Drew to bed, and then had a long conversation with my mom.

This weekend is the "world famous" Oregon Country Fair. I've been told by a lot of people that I HAVE to go to this while I live in Eugene just for the experience, I just don't think this is the year. I don't want to freek out Drew with what he might see there, if you know what I mean. If you go, let me know how it is.

I guess I'll wrap up this rambling entry with a short thought on the World Cup: Overall, it's been really great. There weren't really any "surprise" teams, save for the disappointing Americans. I think the best goal of the tourney was scored by Argentina when the guy trapped it off his chest and volleyed it into the "upper V" from the edge of the 18. Although Zidane and his French team have been inspiring, I have to take the Azzurri in the final. The Italians have only allowed one goal all tournament (an own-goal to the Americans) and I don't think Thierry Henry, as good as he is, is quite enough offense to carry the French. Italians 2-0.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Me and the kids at Fern Ridge Reservoir

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Daddy's little girl

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Drew and his buddy Carlos on the Fourth of July. Note Drew's Jedi robe and Carlos' breastplate. These boys were equipped to fight the Dark Side.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sam roasts a marshmallow. The sunglasses add to the effect.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Drew and I with one of his favorite fireworks, the "Queen of Hearts"

No comments: