Thursday, July 10, 2008

Olympic Trials Recap

I really don’t have the time to do a full-blown recap of the U.S. Olympic Trials for Track and Field that happened here in Eugene last week, but let’s just say it was an incredible event to be a part of.

Here are some great articles by a few of my favorite columnists on the Trials.

Bob Welch (R-G)
Jim Caple (ESPN) (By the way...Caple's exactly right about running on Pre's Trail. It's really great. And I passed on buying a pair of the LunarRacer's he talks about in the article when I was at the Employee Store, and now I'm regretting it. Oh well.)
George Schroeder (R-G)
Lindsey Schnell (SI.com)


"Can we help you find your seats?"

This is a photo of the men's 400m final. 2004 gold medalist Jeremy Wariner is running in lane 4, but he finished second to LaShawn Merritt

Here are the runners warming up before a men's 1500m prelim. The guy in the middle is former Stanford runner, Eugene resident, and all around unique character Gabe Jennings (Check out his bio where it says he was "attacked by monkeys" during his bike trip from California to Brazil). He won his prelim but went out too fast in the finals and isn't going to Beijing.

I would have tried to get more (and better) pics, but it turns out my camera was out of batteries that night. Bummer!

No comments: