Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Guys Weekend - 2007

The Impetus:
One day I was complaining to Missi about how she was always seeming to go off with her girlfriends on these really fun "girl's weekends," and how I never got to do anything like that. She responded by telling me something to the effect of "The reason you never have guy's weekends is because you don't plan them! Just put them on the calendar and make it happen!" Taking her advice to heart, I started talking to a few of my closest friends about have a weekend just for the guys. One of the things I learned through this process is to start planning WAY in advance so everyone can clear their schedules.

The Objective:
Backpack into the Green Lakes Complex in the Three Sisters Wilderness area, camp for a few nights, and climb South Sister, at 10,358', the third-highest mountain in Oregon.

The Participants:
Your Truly
Jeff Evans - friend from MSCC and member of Banning's Boyz (also works with Missi's dad)
Sean Heyworth - friend from MSCC, helped tear down a wall at our house in Eugene
Jesse Foglio - childhood friend from fifth grade (also married to one of Missi's best friends)
Craig Cartmill - old friend and member of Banning's Boyz
Brian Salwasser - my new brother-in-law
Peder Quello - old friend (played soccer together in fourth grade!) and member of Banning's Boyz

The next several blog posts will include photos and recap of this past weekend. It was, without exaggeration, one of the best weekends I've had in my life. I'm already planning our next trip!

No comments: