Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Birthday recap

I'm breaking my exam-period blog silence to post a few thoughts and to recap my birthday. There is so much more I could write about - Thanksgiving, the Civil War, how I hate studying for finals, etc...but I'll keep this one brief.

- My birthday was yesterday and I had a really nice day. I had class in the morning, followed by Missi and Sam meeting me at my office with lunch. They brought Cafe Yumm, which is always great (sidenote: if you live in Eugene and haven't eaten at Cafe Yumm, you NEED to. If you don't live in Eugene, well, you're missing out). I worked throughout the afternoon and then we had some friends over for a birthday dinner. Missi did a great job of cooking my slightly-obscure choice of birthday dinner - yakisoba and bulgogi beef. For gifts, she and the kids got me some great shoes and a very cool Treo 650. I'm sort of a geek for little electronic gadgets like this so I'm pretty excited. Our friend Monica brought over an ice cream cake from Cold Stone, which was really great. Over all, it was a very good birthday.

- There is a lot that could be said about the Ducks collapse on the football field. To be honest, I don't really have the time or energy to relate all of my thoughts, but in general it was just a really disappointing season. Go here or here to read two of my favorite Duck blogs writting by Oregonian writers.

- If you want to read a really great newspaper column, check out Bob Welch's columns in the R-G. He's a great guy and a great writer. And, after playing against him in a Turkey Bowl, he's a darn good flag football player.

- There's some white stuff on the ground this morning, which is definitely exciting for the kids. Not enough to cancel school, but it's still fun (and CERTAINLY not as much as my sister sees up in Alaska).

- Last note, and this is something of a "teaser." The Wilson family has decided to add a new member to our family. No, this DOES NOT mean we're pregnant (that's for you AZ!). It just means that Christmas morning will be very, very exciting for our kids. Go here for a glimpse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck one-upping that one next year!

Anonymous said...

JW- Good luck with the addition!! Have you considered the rare German Shepherd/WhoKnowsWhat Breed? We could arrange to hook you guys up with one- at no cost, in fact we'd even kick in some cash! Craig and Mauria