Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Soccer, Lizards, and Missionaries

Let’s start with the World Cup:

I thought that it was off to a great start with some really good games, but I’ve become pretty disheartened after the 3-0 shellacking given to the US by the Czech Republic. I didn’t actually watch the game yet but I’ve got it on tape and I’m sure I’ll feel up to watching it eventually (I was working when the game was shown live). The US now faces a HUGE uphill climb just to get out of their group. Hopefully some of my excitement will be renewed with Brazil’s game today.

Next subject:

Nothing strikes fear into the hearts of 6-year olds like a….LIZARD?! That’s right, our T-ball team conducted a very democratic process and decided that we should be called the Lizards. Our jerseys are green, so that helps, but who ever heard of a baseball team called the Lizards?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And finally…
(This story makes a lot more sense if you realize that I wear a suit and tie to work every day now)

The other day Samantha was over at a friend’s house while I was at work and Missi was in Portland. Our friend had her front door open but a screen door was closed. Sam was inside playing when all of a sudden she yelled “Daddy!” and ran over to the door. Our friend thought to herself, “That’s weird, John shouldn’t be getting off until later this afternoon.” She went to the door to see who was approaching the house and she saw two nice young Mormon missionaries in their shirts and ties approaching the house. That’s right, my daughter mistook me for a Mormon missionary.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: