Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Long update with lots of pics

Why does it take me until Wednesday to post a blog entry from the previous weekend? Anyway, here goes…

On Thursday afternoon I got off work a bit early and we headed up to Portland for the weekend. On Thursday evening Missi and I went to a concert by O.A.R., one of our favorite bands. We have seen O.A.R. every time they come to Portland in the past 4 years of so, so this was probably our fifth or sixth time seeing them. As always, the concert was great. These guys have an amazing energy and I would highly recommend them to anybody looking for a fun concert. Afterwards, Missi and I met and talked with Richard On (their guitar player) and Jerry DiPizzo (sax player), which was kind of cool.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Missi and I at the OAR concert

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Missi and I with Jerry DiPizzo from OAR

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Missi and I with Richard On from OAR

Friday I watched the kids while Missi worked for awhile and then we went to my grandparent’s house for dinner. It was a really nice time with them celebrating my grandfather’s 80th birthday.

Saturday we visited our friend’s the Zimels to see their new baby. Then we met up with my cousin to check out some flower girl dresses for Samantha. She is going to be in my cousin’s wedding so they had to get an idea of what to look for. Samantha looked adorable, but she loved the dresses so much that she wanted to take them home with her. She didn’t understand that the dress was the wrong color and size. She DID NOT want to take it off.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday evening was our friend Megan’s birthday party. We had dinner at Saucebox followed by dancing/hanging out at Aura. It was a great time with good friends (or perhaps I should say it was a good time with great friends – works either way)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jeff, me, and Jesse on Saturday night

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Nicole, Missi, and Adrienne at the birthday party

Sunday was Father’s Day. Missi and the kids got me a new shirt, a sweet new watch, and a gift certificate to go bungee jumping with my buddy Jesse later this summer! It was a fun morning. After going to church, we went to the Portland Beavers baseball game for Father’s Day. My father-in-law had a suite for the game so it was nice to allow the kids to run around a bit and not be confined with just one seat. The game was actually pretty exciting too with lots of runs and good plays in the field. The Beavers won 13-3. We returned home to Eugene late Sunday night.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Father's Day 2006 (nice "smile" Samantha!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Mmmmm, cotton candy is good!"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sam gets tired at the game and finally falls asleep


This week it’s back to work for me. Drew is in baseball camp and absolutely loving it. We’ve had two T-ball games so far this week, which has been fun. I spoke at Oregon Boys State yesterday to about 120 high school seniors and I think it went pretty well. It certainly brought back some memories of my time at Boys State and what a great experience that was.

Enjoy the first official day of summer!

No comments: