Monday, November 09, 2009

Our daughter is artistic

Sam definitely got what very few artistic genes are spread between Missi and I. That girl absolutely loves art. Lately it seems like she has been coloring for several hours per day! I come home from work and am greeted by several pictures of hearts, butterflies, and our family. I'll have to try to take some pictures of some of this great artwork and post it here. Tonight I told the kids that I wanted to make something out of popsicle sticks. Drew - acting like the "too-cool" nine-year-old that he is - told me that he didn't want to do it. But Sam was really excited. She ended up making a star and then painting it. The center section ended up being a square of types and so she called it her "picture frame." How cool is that?

Here is a picture of Sam sitting up at the counter and painting her star (what you can't see is that she was also wearing her "footy" pajamas while doing this).

No comments: