Monday, November 09, 2009

Drew's Journal #2

11/2/09
1:30 p.m.
Drew

"My dog Zeke"

I have a dog named Zeke. Zeke is a friendly, loving and comfortable dog. When he is outside and is energized up, he runs around the yard at a very high speed. He is funny to watch and play with. He is an alaskan malamute. Zeke is strong to pull sleds and to go into dog races. I know he is in the wolf family. He is black, white, and a little bit of gray. Zeke is a dog of prey. When I went fishing once I pulled in my claim and he bit it. He has killed chickens, birds and that's all.

Zeke likes to sleep anywhere in the house. He mostly likes to hop on the couch during the night. Sometimes he will just crash in his bed. He is sad when I leave for school. Zeke is lazy sometimes. Some people think he is scary. He is very, very happy when he meets somebody new. He is scared of only a few things. The vacum cleaner and the lawn mower. He thinks the vacum cleaner is a loud monster invading his sleep. He isn't afraid of the the lawn mower unless it is 3 feet away. Zeke is brave. He is bad because he breaks boards and he ever broke a hinge about 10 feet high! Zeke loves to run, swim, and sleep. I think everybody would want to have a dog like this. He also likes to explore. We have a big backyard. A lot of squirls are around. At about nine each night Zeke goes outside to start barking and howling at an animal on the other side of the fence. Zeke was born in Bend, Oregon. We got him at the age of 6 months. He was scared at first. On the ride home he hid his head.

1 comment:

Ms. Katie said...

I love Drew's word choices! Calling Zeke a "comfortable" dog and saying how he is "energized up!" I love how descriptive he is! Does my teacher heart good :)

On another note, my co-teacher (who lives across the street from us) got a Malamute puppy and he is only three months old and is already as big as Madison! She and Duke are highly irritated by him, but he is so cute! Looks like a little puff ball!