Saturday, February 23, 2008

Deja Vu All Over Again

A few years ago, before we moved to Eugene, my dad and I worked together to build this "activity box" for Drew. The idea was to give him different activities on each side of the box to develop his mechanical skills while he had fun. It was supposed to also be an alternative to a lot of the cheap plastic toys that he was playing with that annoyed me. To make a long story short, my dad and I spent a lot of time designing the thing, buying supplies for it, building it, and painting it primary colors. We presented it to Drew and he never really go into it. Sure, he played with it from time to time, but it never really caught his attention the way I had hoped. Well, I've kept the thing out in my shed for the last few years, mainly for sentimental reasons, and last week Samantha found it and asked me to take it out. Well, she has just LOVED the activity box and has been playing with it quite a bit the last week or so. Here are a few pictures of her playing with it (you can tell that the velcro strip I added is beginning to fall off).

And yes, Sam is wearing her mom's knee boots in these pictures. She is her mother's daughter!





No comments: