Tuesday, December 12, 2006

That feels good...

Whew! So I’m done with finals. Provided I pass all my classes, I am actually halfway done with law school. It seems like just a few days ago I was sitting in orientation and trying to figure out how to read cases. Now I’m a mere 18 months or so away from being a “real” lawyer. Now there’s a scary thought.

I had three exams and I felt pretty good about all of them. The exam that I took yesterday (American Legal Biography) was probably the most difficult, and the main reason I say that is because he asked one question that I had ABSOLUTELY no idea what the answer was. But other than that question I think did OK (The question, if you care, simply said “Dillon’s Rule.” You were supposed to recognize what the rule was, what case gave us the rule, and what judge applied it. The answer was that Dillon’s Rule holds that municipal ordinances are to construed narrowly and the judge was Matthew Deady).

Now that I’m finished, I’m definitely ready for a break. I haven’t been sleeping enough; I haven’t been exercising enough; I’ve been drinking too much coffee; and most importantly, I haven’t been giving enough attention to my family. Missi’s birthday is tomorrow and so we’re all looking forward to that. I’m going to work a bit during the break, but probably only 20 hours per week or so. I also need to work on writing a brief for the National Appellate Advocacy Competition I’m in, but I’m going to take a few days off before I dive in on that. I’m looking forward to being back up in Portland this weekend to seeing friends and family.

No comments: