Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The best kind of gifts

I got home last night fairly late after a few days spent down in Oregon for work. Sam was already in bed but still awake. I went in to her room to give her a hug and she presented me with an envelope full of "treasures" that she had collected for me. She was so excited about them she could hardly sit still!

I opened the envelope up and this is what I found:

Two drawings (one by Sam, one by her friend Kylie), a piece of plastic string or twine, and a broken off bolt and washer. Missi told me later that Sam had found the bolt and washer and had been carrying it around all day waiting to give it to me.




Here are all the treasures laid out and the Hello Kitty envelope that they were in.


This is one of the drawings I received. Notice all the hearts - hearts are a big deal to Sam right now.


The other drawing. Again, notice that there are over 10 hearts in this drawing. Do you see a theme developing?


The string and bolt/washer I received.

No comments: