Monday, December 01, 2008

Wow! What a game!

Here I am two days removed from the Ducks' glorious win in the Civil War and I am still basking in the victory.



If you would've given me a truth serum before the game, I would have told you that I was very, very nervous for the Ducks. I began feeling a bit better when it was announced that Jacquizz Rodgers would not play, but I definitely did not give enough credit to Mike Bellotti and Chip Kelly for their ability to prepare for the game with an extra week (Oregon had a bye the week before the Civil War). While the Ducks' defense left something to be desired, our offense was unstoppable! We almost had 700 yards of offense! 700!!! For those of you who may not closely follow football, that is an almost unheard-of statistic.



If you didn't get a chance to see the game (high likelihood as it was on Versus), I suggest you cruise on over to Duck Sports News and read some of the coverage they are linking to.



Between the Civil War and the back-to-back national championships by the men's cross country team, its been a couple of very good weeks for Oregon athletics! Go Ducks!



No comments: