Saturday, December 20, 2008

Random Musings

While relevant anytime, it is especially important during this Christmas season to visit The New American Dream and Advent Conspiracy.

I recently re-connected through Facebook with an old friend from high school, Serenity (Thornburg) Coulombe. She and her family are traveling across the country in an RV named Big Buster and "loving on homeless people." You can follow their journeys either through her blog or her husband Andy's blog.

Speaking of blogs, several friends from Eugene recently started their own. If you're so inclined, check out the Wallace blog and the Lavassaur blog.

In a display of sheer geniusness, our friends Ryan and Susan have finished their annual Christmas music video.

I wish I could be in San Diego on December 30.

I sure feel old when I get sore after sledding and having a snowball fight with the kids. And it wasn't like we were doing this type of sledding.

I really apologize if anyone reading this blog does this, but I really don't understand why anyone would put a wreath on the front grill of their car.

My dog loves the snow.

Seattle absolutely shuts down when they receive any snowfall. Like as in, shutting down over 100 bus routes when it snows! But if stuff like this happens, I guess its no suprise that the city shuts down.

I love that my son calls a "toboggan" a "tog-boggler."

With the snow falling outside, and more expected tonight, I'm excited to make a big pot of warm chicken noodle soup for the family.

We've been listening to a lot of Pandora lately. Check it out if you haven't done so already.

I'm currently trying to work my way through three books:

1. Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin
2. Under the Overpass by Mike Yankoski
3. Chasing Daylight by Erwin Raphael McManus

Looking for a gift for the person who has everything? Might I suggest a Snuggie?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, haven't read book number 1, but the last 2 are good stuff

John W. said...

Yeah, this great guy I know gave me the Under the Overpass book. :-)

I'm reading it to Missi before bed each night. We're currently in Washington DC.