Thursday, February 28, 2008

Anniversary!

On Monday night, Missi and I celebrated our eighth anniversary! I can’t tell you that every single moment of our marriage has been roses, but I am proud of the fact that we’ve made it this far and that our commitment to each other is strong. I’m blessed to be married to an amazing woman who is incredibly supportive of me and is an excellent mom to our kids.

The idea for the evening was to do something like a “scavenger hunt” of sorts. I gave Missi various “clues” throughout the evening about what we were going to be doing. I also tried to give her a few smaller gifts to symbolize those qualities of hers that I really appreciate and love (for example, I gave her a “clue” that said, “I love being active with you.” and the gift was a pair of soccer socks and indoor soccer shoes. We play on the same co-ed indoor soccer team).

Anyway, one of the first clues said: “One of the things I like about you is that anytime we talk about the Oregon Ducks, you light up like an electric light bulb. And I’m also glad that I’ve never had to bail you out of a police station.” What does this gibberish mean? Well, if you read it carefully, and if you know Eugene restaurants very well, you might be able to figure out that three of the words hidden in these sentences are “Oregon” and “electric” and “station.” That’s right…we went to the Oregon Electric Station for dinner.

After dinner, I gave Missi a clue that said I was always “bowled over by her beauty.” That took us to Southtowne Lanes for bowling. We finished up the evening with a stop at our favorite dessert place – Sweet Life. It was a great evening!

Missi gave me a sweet pair of Nike sunglasses as a gift. The lens are removable so here I am looking like a dork (what’s new?).


Here we are at dinner:

Here we are bowling:


Look at that technique displayed by Missi and I! Even The Dude would be proud!



We didn’t exactly break any records with our bowling scores. Based on this performance, we should probably stick to Wii bowling.

Ah yes, the requisite self-portraits in the car at the end of the night.

1 comment:

MAWULI said...

Thats a wonderful way to celebrate you anniversary. I pray that your love grows and affect other lives. I aslo pray that you family would stand despite the many divorces around. Know that you are more than loved by God.
I have a couple of friends in oregon and they are ministers of the gospel.
Well thats my comment for now hope that we stay as friends. Say a big shout out to your wife and ur kid... Bless you