Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Cleanserific Meal

So Missi and I are doing a "cleanse," which basically means that we take some herbal supplements and eat very natural foods (lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, no caffeine or processed foods, etc...) for about 10 days to "rinse out our systems."

To give you an idea of what we eat when we are on the cleanse, here are a few pics from a recent meal.


First, I chopped up a bunch of onions, yellow squash, bell peppers, and garlic and sauteed them in extra virgin olive oil.


I boiled these spelt spaghetti noodles. I have to say, eating brown spelt pasta was a bit of an adjustment for me since I really prefer the white, unenriched durum wheat pasta. But after getting used to it, it isn't that bad and you can't really taste a difference.


We added this organic pasta sauce to the sauteed veggies and poured it over the pasta.


Add in a salad with spinach, mushrooms, carrots, avocado, and cranberries and you've got an awesome, and cleanse-approved, meal!

No comments: