Monday, October 22, 2007

Thoughts on Crocs

What, may I ask, is wrong with wearing Crocs? You don't know what Crocs are? They are those rubbery-looking slip-on shoes that have exploded in popularity over the past year or so. I think originally they were designed for gardeners, but once people realized how comfortable they are, they began to grow in popularity (side note: I have a friend who worked for a law firm in Boulder, Colorado this past summer. Said friend told me that lots of the attorneys would wear Crocs to work when they didn't have to appear in court or meet with clients).

Both Drew and Sam have Crocs and really love them, and I recently purchases a pair for myself (mine are plain black). I wore them around on Saturday night when we were in Portland and I was the brunt of some good-natured ribbing at the hands of my two best friends.

So asking you, my dear readers, to leave me your thoughts in the Comments section about Crocs.

Here is the some more info on Crocs.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

came acrosss your page, and noticed this entry. I work in a hospital, and let me tell you what, the only days that my feet don't hurt after 8 hours on them are the days I wear my Crocs. They're also really good for our Washington beaches that are too rocky for going barefoot. I love Crocs and wear them proudly! They make really comfortable sandals, too.

Christy. said...

The girls have crocs and they are so cute on them. I haven't picked up a pair for myself, I am not so sure I would wear them. Does Missi wear them because if she would then I would. :0)

the Zimels said...

Hmmm...not that I'm biased toward the opinion of MY best friend, but I think you should type the question, "Should adults wear crocs?" into Google and just see what pops up. :)

Great to see you guys!

the Zimels said...

OK, follow up to my last comment...here's the link:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071023232236AAhAQ0j

Anonymous said...

I do have to say that your humility is to be admired - you are comfortable enough to where you are not so concerned as to what other adults think of you for wearing them.

Mr. Zimel