Friday, October 31, 2008

First Week of Work

I've nearly completed my first week here in the Seattle office and things are going really well so far. I'm enjoying the people here and I feel like the firm has done a great job with "easing me" in to the office - i.e., not just throwing me into an office and dumping work on me. This week has primarily been training - computers, phones, benefits, pro bono, etc...

My actual office - on the 26th floor - is fairly spartan right now, but I've got a great view of Elliot Bay and the Olympic Mountains. I can also just barely see Qwest Field and Safeco Field.

In the coming weeks and months, I'm sure I'll have more contemplations on working as a practicing lawyer who bills time in 6 minute increments, but for now things are going OK.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hi John,
Congrats on starting work and settling in to the GREAT Puget Sound area!

I bill in 6 minute increments in my job too....it's the best! Gotta love leaving a voicemail. Or, at least I do in my job!
Take care,
Jenny Stewart