Thursday, March 20, 2008

Drew's Eighth Birthday Party

Here are some pictures and brief descriptions from Drew's eighth birthday party, held last Saturday at our home.


Here is the awesome "Lego Cake" baked and decorated by Missi's step-mom Cyndy


Here is Sam coming out of the cardboard fort I built out of large appliance boxes.


Here is Drew and Ella (back turned to camera) playing one of the games we set up. The kids had to dress up in some clothes (mine) that were way too big for them and then run back to their "team." The kids seemed to like it and it was hilarious to watch them struggle around in these clothes.


Drew LOVED his cake!


Cyndy even included a cool "sparkler candle" in the shape of an 8


Drew is a huge fan of Yatzee, a love he picked up while staying with my parents. He was very excited to get his own game.


Missi's dad Tom shows the kids how to hit the pinata.


Drew gets ready to take the first crack at the pinata.


The scramble is on to pick up the candy!


Drew's buddy Griffin connects with a solid hit.


My nephew Trevor loved the pinata. Here is a short video I took of him hitting the pinata.


Here we are with my sister and dad after the birthday party was winding down.


My nephew Oliver was laughing like crazy when I was lifting him up in the air.


Here is a photo of the "fort" we built in the garage. I used a bunch of huge cardboard boxes and tarps, and then I poked some small holes in the boxes and stuck Christmas lights in the holes to give some light inside the fort. The kids loved it!

1 comment:

Christy. said...

It looks like SO much fun! The kids and I can't wait to head down next week and get your house all ready for the big selling!!!