Saturday, January 06, 2007

Tidbits o' this 'n that

Where have you been? I’ve been in some mediation training for the past three days. It has been a rough way to end my Christmas break before the semester begins. I think it’s been helpful but it has been long days and I wish I could’ve been with the fam for these last few days of break.

What is the world coming to: We asked Drew what some of his friends got for Christmas and, no joke, he said that his friend Addison got a real cell phone. And yes, that would be a first grader who is carrying a cell phone.

Going to the chapel: Not sure if I mentioned this in earlier posts, but my sister Julie got engaged a few days before Christmas. Congratulations to Brian and Julie!

Ducks hoops: I took Drew to the USC game on Thursday evening and we had a great time. It was even better because my buddy Mike drove down from Portland and watched the game with us. Unfortunately the Ducks couldn’t hit their shots down the stretch and they lost 84-82. Today, however, THE DUCKS BEAT THE #1 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY. I had given tickets to Missi for Christmas and we were so excited to be going, but being the genius that I am, I didn’t check the Ducks’ game schedule. If I had, I would’ve realized that the game was scheduled for 11:00AM rather than 5:30PM, when I thought it was scheduled for. Huge bummer that we couldn’t be there. I don’t think this Ducks team is going to the Final Four or anything (they’re too small), but they are at least exciting and I think they’ll make it the NCAA Tournament.

The silver screen: We’ve seen a couple of decent movies over the past few weeks. If you have time, you should check out any of the following: Murderball, Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room, We are Marshall, and Little Miss Sunshine. All good flicks.

Back to the grind: Here are the classes I’m taking this spring – Business Associations, Trial Practice, Legal Profession, and Mediation Clinic. With these credits, along with some other ungraded credits, I’ll have 17 credits. On a related note, I got my grades for the fall semester and I was happy with them.

No comments: