Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Extremely sad story

Every week or so I check my hometown newspaper to see what has been happening back in the quaint suburban community where I grew up. I was so saddened to read this story about a police shooting of an 18-year old Tigard High graduate. I never really met Luke (the victim), but his mom, Hope Glenn, is a longtime-fixture in the Tigard soccer community. She has coached Tigard classic soccer teams for years and years.

Here are several links about this terrible incident:

The Tigard Times story discussing the aftermath


The Oregonian's Steve Duin's article



Some Indymedia postings about this (including a senior picture of Luke Glenn)


The Myspace page set up by Luke's friends

There is also a transcript and audio recording of the 9-1-1 call from the incident available out on the web, but I'm not going to link to it because it is really difficult to listen to. You hear the entire situation unfold, and it's absolutely tragic to hear a mother go through that.

I'll be praying for the Glenn family and for the officers who were attempting to do their job.

No comments: