Monday, September 11, 2006

Ah, the life of a college student

I wish I had my camera now…I’m sitting out in front of Autzen Stadium waiting for the ticket window to open so I can get tickets to the Ducks-Oklahoma Sooners game. I am surrounded by a sea of tents and people in sleeping bags. I can actually hear someone in a tent near me snoring. But this scene isn’t really that interesting or new; it happens every time the Ducks have a huge football game (i.e. Oregon vs. USC last season). What makes this morning distinguishable is that some of the students waiting in line have set up a big screen (nay, “huge screen”) TV and they are playing NCAA Football on their Xbox or PS2. They have some type of a generator or battery system that allows them to run all of this equipment, and they have pulled a couch out in front of Autzen’s ticket office. It’s like they moved their family room out here, complete with screams of how bad the Beaver’s quarterback Matt Moore is (they’re playing a Civil War football game). Pretty impressive…

Update: Because I have a 9:00 class and because there was a huge line at Autzen, I decided to go to the EMU to pick up my ticket. What a great decision. I’m inside where it’s warm, I’m only about 30 people back from the window, and I have a short walk to my school when I get the ticket. Definitely a gamble that paid off.

In other news, here is more proof that EVERYONE should have a blog: http://www.zimels.blogspot.com
This is the new blog that our friends the Zimels are starting to post on. They are currently living in Tigard but preparing for a move to Jacksonville Beach, Florida. They have three boys and if I would have had a brother, I would have wanted him to be like Adam. It will be sad to see them leave the area, but we also have one of those friendships where I am confident we will remain as friends even after they move.

No comments: