Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Just what the world needs: another lawyer!

Well, we made it! I officially graduated from law school on Saturday, May 17, but making it to graduation was definitely a team effort. It was a bit surreal to be standing there with my classmates in our goofy looking robes and hats and realizing that we had reached the end of a long journey.

I was so thankful to have so many of my close family and friends in attendance for the commencement (that means you Adam, Jeff, Foglios, Wallaces, and many others).

Our commencement speaker was Elden Rosenthal, a somewhat-well-known Portland defense attorney. He gave a very spirited speech, but it was so political that it didn’t seem to resonate very well for that event. If you really want to see his speech, it is available online here.

After the commencement, we had an awesome graduation open house over at our house, where we were joined by even more family and friends. Thanks to all who came to help Missi and I celebrate this occasion!


We did it!

I paid $80,000 and spent three years of my life and all I got was this lousy piece of paper!? Jeesh!

Missi and I with Kirk, my office mate for the last year (he was Editor-in-Chief of Oregon Law Review and I was Operations Editor) and a really great guy.

Some of the guys at the open house

My grandpa and I. He has been, and will continue to be, one of the most influential people in my life.

No comments: