Monday, September 24, 2007

What a weekend

We returned to Eugene last night from a very full but very fun weekend in Portland. The primary reason for all of us to head north was because our friends the Zimels were visiting from Austin, Texas. On Friday night, we were part of a group of 10 close friends that met for dinner at Lucy's Table. The food was good but the company was great. I honestly can't remember the last time I laughed that hard. My buddy Jeff said it best when he remarked that "Having nights like [Friday] makes me realize how much I wish all of us lived in the same city again."

On Saturday I organized a flag football game for a bunch of guys. I didn't get quite the turnout I was hoping for, but we had a great time nonetheless. We ended up playing 5-on-4, and I was all-time offense for most of the game so I was going to be a winner whoever triumphed. We ended up having to go to double-overtime with a sudden-death tiebreaker deciding things. After the game, several of us went out to a friend's house where we ate tacos and shot guns (what a combination!). Saturday evening Missi and I went to a party with our friends Jesse & Nicole. The occasion of the party was to see one of my old high school buddies, Steve Wright. Steve and his wife Hannah live in Phoenix now but it is always great to see them when they come back to Oregon. I wish we could convince them to return to the Northwest!

On Sunday we went to church with the Zimels, attended my mom's birthday party, and then saw the Zimels one last time to say goodbye. It's always tough to say goodbye, but we had a great weekend and we know that we are the type of friends who can pick up where we left off the next time we see them. Besides seeing the Zimels this past weekend, we also had a great time seeing several other friends who we hadn't seen for a long time.

A few pictures from the weekend:


Missi and Amber-Rose at dinner on Friday night

The guys - take 1

The guys - take 2 (Adam gets a hug and I'm laughing hard)

The guys - take 3 (we finally get it)

The Ladies


Craig and his color-coordinated murse


That Texan style is really wearing off on Adam


Jeff warms up his arm while offending our eyes


Pre-game photo

Post-game photo


Adam looks pretty tough in this picture (looks can be deceiving - see the image 4 photos above for proof)


Yours truly fires the AK-47

With Jesse and Steve Wright

Hannah, Missi, and Nicole

I love all of their expressions in this photo

Three great kids

Elijah and Samantha saying goodbye to each other

No comments: