Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hiking Spencer's Butte with Drew and Zeke

On Tuesday morning I hiked up Spencer's Butte here in Eugene with Drew and Zeke. In part it was just to get out and do something fun with Drew and in part it was to get sorta ready for this weekend's backpack. It's a pretty easy hike, and we woke up about 6:30AM and were done by 8:30. We also happened to find a ginormous slug crossing the trail, which we of course had to take pictures of. It was probably a good 6" long.





Not many things better than a boy and his dog

Zeke gives Drew a kiss

I tried to put my size-12 foot next to the slug for some perspective. It was huge!

1 comment:

Christy. said...

Oh, what a sweet little trip for you and Drew, you are such a great Dad! While reading your post I had visions of Jeff and Cohen being able to do these fun Father/Son trips. Though I am sure that the girls would have gotten a kick out of that slug, their uncle just taught them how to put salt on them.