Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A big pile of randomness...

Here are some thoughts/comments from the past few days:

1. We were over in Bend for a short trip towards the end of last week. I had to go over there for work and we were able to stay in a friend's cabin in Tumalo. It was a really fun time - the kids were good, we had dinner at the Bend Brewing Company with some friends, the judge accepted my sentencing recommendation, and we were able to play in Drake Park after the hearing and before hitting the road.

2. On Saturday morning the whole fam woke up early to participate in the Duck Dash. I'd say "run" in the Duck Dash but Drew actually rode his bike and Sam got the VIP treatment in the jogging stroller. We certainly didn't set any land speed records but we had a really good time and I was proud of how we all did. I came up with the T-shirt design for the race through a contest they had for the law students. See below.

3. Missi and I went to the Oregon-Cal game on Saturday. We had two reserved seats that were WAAAAYYYY up at the top of Autzen Stadium, but it was nice to escape the hecticness of the Student Section and all the "activities" that go on therein. We ended up sitting surrounded by several Law School alumni (it was reunion weekend) so we enjoyed visiting with them.

4. My friend Jeff came down from Portland to watch the game and he brought several of his friends from Pepperdine Law School days with him (they were UCLA fans). After the game we went back to our house and watched more football, watched Drew dunk basketballs and Sam dance, and had an awesome time visiting. My buddy Mike also came down from Corvallis where he was coaching a soccer game and hung out for awhile. It was a really great afternoon/evening.

5. For what it's worth, I feel incredibly busy this school year. I know that "busyness" is all relative, but I feel like I start the week by waking up really early on Monday and then all of a sudden it's Friday and everything in the past is a blur. Just a crazy time...

6. Our best friends the Zimels have set off on their cross-country RV trip with their three boys. The stopped in Eugene for a night on their journey south and it was so good to see them. We are going to miss their family tremendously but we are excited to see what new adventures they have in Florida. They are writing a blog that I've been checking every day - it's really entertaining. Check it out.

Now it's back to determining what the difference is between acts of terrorism and hate crimes...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: