Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Changing things up a bit...

I'm going to try to fire the blogging machine back up. In the midst of a busy life prioritization is required, and blogging unfortunately (or fortunately?) falls far down the priority list for me. But recent developments have encouraged me to start blogging again.

First, I have been struck with how quickly our kids are growing up. I mean, I'm GOING TO HAVE A TEENAGER ON MY HANDS SOON. And one of the main benefits of blogging is that it provides a snapshot of a particular point in time. I like blogging for its ability to capture thoughts, photos, and memories relating to my rapidly-growing-up kids.

Second, Blogger has finally come out with an iOS app that allows me to post from my iPhone. For so long Blogger lacked a mobile app, and thus I couldn't blog unless I was sitting in front of a computer. In fact, I even thought about switching my blog to Wordpress because it had a mobile app.  But I'm loyal to Blogger - I have almost 500 posts on this blog - and they finally rewarded my loyalty by developing an app. I'm actually typing this post while riding my bus into work.

Because most of my posts will now be generated using the mobile app, expect shorter posts with less text and more photos. In a way, I expect this blog to resemble more of a tumblr site than a blog with 2,000-word posts describing my feelings on the fiscal cliff.

As always, you can take a peak into what's going on in our lives by following me on twitter or finding me or my better half on Facebook.

No comments: