Wednesday, January 05, 2011

The Tooth Fairy Visits the Wilsons

As you have probably noticed from prior posts, I love getting notes from our kids. I love seeing their handwriting, spelling, phrasing, etc...It isn't uncommon for me to take pictures of these notes or writings so they are preserved as memories.

We had an exciting event in our house last night - Sam lost yet another tooth. The girl is definitely going a phase where here baby teeth are falling out at a rapid pace. As our family's "tooth fairy," I have the honor/privilege/responsibility/burden of writing a note to each of the kids when they lose a tooth. I always "disguise" my writing in some crazy handwriting and then burn the edges of the paper for effect. It's quite a process, especially late at night right before I'm trying to go to bed.

Here is the note the "tooth fairy" received from "Toothless Sam" last night, and the response that was left behind with a few dollars.



Dear Tooth Fairy,
I am Sam. I lost my tooth. I am giv??? [giving] it to you. Please leave me a present.
Love, Toothless Sam


My favorite part of this note? That she signed it "Toothless Sam."



Dear Toothless Sam,

Thank you for your kind note and for your tooth! It is a nice tooth! I have left you a few dollars as a thank you for your tooth. Thanks again and always remember to brush your chompers!

Your friend,

T.F.

1 comment:

JH said...

priceless!