Sunday, October 24, 2010

Meet Abraham

I've probably written this somewhere on the blog previously, but Adam Zimel is about the closest thing I have to a brother. We've been friends now for close to 10 years, and it is always a highlight of my day/week/month/year whenever we talk or get to hang out (much less frequently than I would like since the Zimels now live in Austin and we live in Seattle). Even better, our families mesh almost seamlessly. I say "almost" because one difference between our families is that the Zimels now have 5 kids while we enjoy just Drew and Samantha. Missi and I consider ourselves to be an "aunt" and "uncle" to the Zimel kids and love them like our own - and I know the feeling is mutual as both Adam and Amber-Rose love Drew and Sam.

So it was with complete joy that we got to meet the newest member of the Zimel family, Abraham, when he and Amber-Rose came to Seattle to meet up with their adoption group. Abraham was adopted from Ethiopia and is about 8 months old. He is absolutely beautiful and we were so grateful for the opportunity to meet him.








No comments: