Monday, February 15, 2010

This is why I blog...

...to record stuff like this for prosperity. I came up to bed last night (after watching (500) Days of Summer with Missi - a really good movie, by the way) and I found that our little artist had left a note on Missi and my pillows. Here is what she wrote on my note (my interpretation in brackets and click to enlarge):

Dad I hoop you fenish you’r woock and you aer my valentan I wl mis you be ckas you’r woorck

[Dad: I hope you finish your work and you are my Valentine. I will miss you because you’re working]

To: Dad From: Sam




Here is what she wrote on Missi's note (click to enlarge):

M I love you you aer a grat mallthr to: mom from: Sam

[Mom: I love you. You are a great mother]




Notice also that she included a drawing of herself on each note that has a heart for a body. It has been so fun to see Sam's knowledge of letters and words grow at a rapid pace over the past few months. Her attempts to spell out words and leave us precious notes like this are something I hope I don't soon forget.

2 comments:

joshandbrenda said...

love it :)

Jonas and Janelle said...

So ridiculously sweet. Kudos for raising awesome kids :)