Friday, March 20, 2009

Really, Seattle Times? Really?

I would have possibly let this slide if it had appeared in the Seattle P-I, what with the fact that the P-I shuttered their print operation this last week, but this latest occurrence of my pet peeve comes courtesy of The Seattle Times, now Seattle's only daily newspaper. For those of you who may not remember, I have a slight irritation when I see misspelled words or poor grammar in public places (See here, here, and here for examples). The qualification about "public places" is important, as I have no problem with misspelled words in emails, letters, text messages, or other personal form of communication. My hackle is raised (yes, I did just use the word "hackle") when someone who obviously should know better (i.e., journalists) make very noticeable mistakes. But enough background, check out this misspelling that appeared on the front page of yesterday's online version of The Seattle Times (I've drawn a yellow box around the text at issue but click on the photo to see a larger version):

"100,000 in state breating easier"

1 comment:

Chris Fender said...

"...when someone who obviously should know better (i.e., journalists) make very noticeable mistakes." Granted you may not be a journalist, but come on now, don't leave yourself open like that...