Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Conversation with Drew

Drew: "Dad, I heard somewhere that old coins are worth a lot of money. Is that true?"

Me: "Well, sometimes certain coins can be very valuable if they are rare or unique."

Drew: "So if I have I have a really old coin I could maybe sell it to someone and get a lot of money?"

Me: "If it was a coin that was really special you could possibly do that."

He rushes off to his room to empty out his piggy bank and look through all his coins. He excitedly rushes back to see me 15 minutes later.

Drew: "Dad, you're not gonna believe this! I think I found I really old coin that could be valuable!"

Me: "What is it?"

Drew: "It's this nickel right here. And it says 1966 on it! That's so old!!!"

Me: "Hmmm...[trying to suppress laughter] Well, there might actually be some coins that are a bit older than 1966 and they might be more valuable."

Drew: "Oh....well I also have one from 1969. That's really old also."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This story is great!!!! Don't you love their little minds....
nicole